Before you pick on a web hosting company you have to make a review of the best web hosting service providers available; you will discover how beneficial they will be to your business and how they will suit your budget. Here is my best web hosting companies:
iPage is an old company which has been in the web hosting industry for the last decade. It holds the top spot with the highest number of distinct features which are accepted by website owners who opt for the company. The company didn’t fare well when it started. But after a few years it returned with a plan aimed at giving cut throat competition to its rivals.
Here are a few features of iPage:
• Virus Scan – this scan takes place on daily basis. It scans for potential malicious attack on the website as a result of visitors uploading or posting on the website. Its security system rectifies any problems that may be discovered by the scan.
• Design tools – Any website needs to look great so as to attract browsers. As a result, website owners will require design tools. Some of these important tools are guest comment bars, photo galleries and blogs. No site can appear appealing without images. Thus, iPage provides all these tools that are necessary.
• Marketing – the company will also aid in the website’s marketing techniques. It ensures that the website trafficking is on a positive level through advertisements in social networks. It’s crucial that the service provider connects the site with the yellow pages.
Pros and Cons of iPage
• Cost: Unlimited web hosting package costs only $3.5/month.
• Setup is totally free: Absolutely no set up fees for iPage hosting.
• iPage Features: Free advertising, 24/support, and much more.
• Green Web Hosting: iPage is counterbalancing its power use with wind-generated alternative energy certificates. There information centers/ workplaces are typically fully eco-friendly powered.
• Anytime Money Back Guarantee: iPage guarantees 100% refund once you close your account within the registration period.
• Occasional Up-selling when logging in.
• Webalizer stats for sites aren’t listed separately.
Bluehost is among the best options for web hosting for individuals and business owners. It has a well-known repute and was founded in 1966. Bluehost provides a couple of mandatory features such as domain name registration, dedicated web hosting, shared hosting, VPS, and many more.
• Excellent 24/7 US-based Customer Support
• SSH Secure Shell Access
• FTP Access with Web File Manager
• E-Commerce features such as, Agora Shopping cart, OS Commerce Shopping cart, Cube cart
• Password protected directories for enhanced security.
• Uptime and reliability: Bluehost doesn’t provide for any given uptime guarantee, but assures their customers that it has the most in the hosting industry. Their website’s uptime proves them right at 99.9%. Most of the servers rely on a 10 GB connection, UPS power backup, and robust server hardware to ensure both stable work and elevated productivity.
• User friendly: Bluehost’s cPanel is really great as its interface has been used by millions and millions of users. The cPanel consists of a set of easy tools that aid in the management and administration of clients’ sites.
• Pricing: Bluehost prices are standard for the industry of web hosting; with huge discounts, but only at three-year commitments. But still, the monthly package is very reasonable.
• Support: Bluehost offers various different contacting methods, including 24/7 phone support, email (ticket), live chat, and forums. Their video help center has only 60 seconds, so it isn’t as extensive as a number of its rivals.
• On-click WordPress and E-Commerce setup
• Unlimited bandwidth and disk space
• Free domain with one year purchase
• Average customer support
• Most of the tools are not included in the base prices, you need to upgrade
• Shared hosting can at times be slow
HostGator is the world’s leading provider of dedicated hosting, dedicated hosting, vps hosting and reseller hosting services. It’s one of the top web hosting company in the world with over 12,000 servers under management. It hosts more than $2 million domains, making 1%of world’s internet traffic.
• Their web Linux web hosting plans are powered by CPanel, and the Windows hosting plans are powered by Plesk panel.
• Hosting plans include special website building tools, including free website builder and SiteStudio, plus 4,500 free site templates.
• It meets all membership standards for BB Online participation and better Business Bureau.
• Provides Eco-friendly web hosting service (green hosting)
Price: Their pricing is 20 percent in the initial year. They have promo codes, for example the Swampland25, which gets you 25% off. They have a baby plan of $5.72/month.
Great Service and 24/7 Uptime: It guarantees 99.9% uptime and promises 24x7x365 quality service.
Great Transfer Service and Quick Installation: They have an incredible service of transferring your entire website for you. They also offer a one-click WordPress installation.
Unlimited Everything: They offer everything unlimited except for Hatchling plans (Unlimited domains and sub-domains, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited FTP accounts, etc).
Easy to Use cPanel: The cPanel is open source and is at industry standards. It has lots of documentation and you can receive help form anywhere on the net.
Eco-friendly facilities: clean energy is produced
Apparent Complexity: Even though it provides support, tutorials and documentation, it does not really try to make the process look easy. Its cPanel is very minimal and portrays a geeky feeling.
High TTFB: TTFB refers to Time to First Byte, which is the time taken by the server to respond to a request. Hostgator’s TTFB is a bit high.
Few Goodies: HostGator gives you 100 dollars in AdWords credit, plus a 45-day assurance in addition to a great site builder. Other web hosting companies gives away cool added features such as, Flickr, Yahoo, and Fotolia ad credits.