If you are making your debut in to a small business, you cannot remain blindfolded about having a website that is designed to cater the visitor needs. There are several factors that need to be considered before launching a website for your small business. A digital agency can be partnered with for all your custom website requirements, conversion optimization, and digital marketing as well as eCommerce solutions.
Create a detailed business plan
As a start-up business individual, you will first have to analyze the market through a competitive analysis and figure out what the customers might be expecting from your product. This helps you to develop a strategy in the beginning of the business itself so as to avoid any confusion regarding the direction the business is expected to move. You will have to develop a short-term as well as long-term business plans that fit your budget requirements.
Some of the prerequisites that will help you create a successful business plan include:
- Figure out the main purpose of your website prior to its launch
- Explain the unique features of your business as the main highlight of your website
- Understand the market size
- Keep aside a record of the budget that you are going to spend as part of the promotional strategies
Domain name must be in sync with the brand
Studies suggest most of the business in the top search pages have their domain name similar to that of the brand. If you create a domain name that has nothing to do with your product or services, then you will be possibly facing hurdles while engaging in website transfer to newer URLs and also have to incur the SEO losses too.
Tips that will help opt for the correct domain name include:
- Create a multiple domain name list that matches your brand and services being offered
- Ensure the domain name to be self-explanatory
- Avoid copyright infringements if any
- Ensure the domain name is registered for a maximum time period
- Purchase the related domain names
- Extensions also play a key role namely.org,.com or.net. The extensions must be in accordance with the business purpose
Logo must be impressive
Whenever one thinks of instant brand recognition, the relevance of logo comes in to our mind. A logo acts as a symbolism of the corporate identity of a company. It is better to leave the logo designing to a foremost creative agency that is able to understand the business goals and merge those brand value proposition in the designing phase of the logo itself. A logo is incomplete without a distinctive tagline.
Key points to be understood before designing a logo include:
- Understand the nature of business and keep a close watch on the competitor logos of the same industry
- Explain the theme that your logo should represent in a very clear manner to the creative designer
- Always think from the customer’s perspective before choosing the image, colour or font size
- At least have three to four logos developed and compare those samples to choose the best one finally
Implementation of a stable Content Management System
Before choosing a content management system, you will have to identify whether your website is based on a service or is running an eCommerce business. Some of the most common content management system includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Shopify and BigCommerce etc.
Ensure the content management system has the following features and characteristics that enable successful content management.
- Reusing content through single source functionality
- Automated content tracking using bi-directional link management
- Should be able to support multiple media formats through multi-channel publishing
- The CMS should be extensible, flexible and configurable to achieve enhanced customization
- The access control must be authorized
There are some other important things to consider when it comes to customization of your newly launching website for small business.
1. Must be able to generate leads
2. Including social sharing buttons to increase the website traffic
3. Implement unique selling points of your product within the website
The above mentioned tips will definitely assist you in giving a perfect start for the website designed for your small business and thereby satisfying your business requirements for future growth of the company.